Our Computerised Long-arm Quilting Services
About the machine:
The Statler Stitcher
is a computer software programme combined with hardware which will operate a longarm quilting machine and can stitch almost any design.
machine equipped with such software can handle an intricately patterned king-size quilt in a matter of hours (for an all over quilting design) instead of days and is guided by the computer instead of by hand.
The software package, Creative Studio, can determine pattern size, block size, stitches per inch, repetitions of the pattern and the offset of the pattern so that any design fits perfectly on any size quilt with all aspects of the pattern in proportion.
Preparing your Quilt for Machine Quilting:
- Always cut fabric on the straight grain to ensure a straight edge.
- Your backing and wadding must be 3 inches larger than your quilt top in each of the four edges.
- This allows for attaching to the machine’s rollers (top and bottom) and allows room for the clamps which hold the sides taut on the backing and wadding on the machine. If there is not enough room on the sides the machine head will hit the clamps and distort your pattern.
- All four sides of the backing fabric are to be squared and straight and ironed.
- Do not assume that fabric off the roll is straight as often it is skewed.
- Take care and iron seams in different directions to avoid lumps of material in corners i.e. in pinwheels etc.
- Consider the colour of thread on top will be similar shade to the bottom thread. Choose your backing colour to suit and choosing a busy pattern looks better.
Quilting Styles and Categories:
- Edge to Edge – This is a repeating pattern of your choice that starts at the top of the quilt and goes in rows to the bottom. (This is the most economical way to quilt).
- I regret that I cannot perform full Custom Work on quilts, I find it too hard on my back, neck and feet.
Calculate Fees for Machine Quilting
Charging is done by the size of the quilt top combined with the style of quilting requested. The various styles of quilting are charged at different rates.
First measure you quilt top to find the length and width in inches.
- Next, is to multiply your length in inches times your width in inches.
- Then follow the formula below substituting your dimensions and the quoted pricing.
- The example below shows our pricing for an edge to edge, all over-pattern (the most popular method).
Square feet :
80 inches x 90 inches = 7,200 square inches
7,200 square inches ÷ 144 square inches = 50 square feet.
50 sq. Ft. X $3.65 = $182.50
The following prices are based upon you supplying the wadding.
All prices include GST.
| Edge to Edge (E2E)
(lots of patterns to choose from)
| From $3.65 square foot.
(depending on complexity of pattern).
| Edge to Edge (E2E) including separate border or stitch around applique
||Price to be based on complexity of quilt. To be quoted on site. Starts from $5.50 sq. ft.
| Custom Work
||No Longer Available.
I have on hand and can be supplied at an extra cost.
- Wadding - Matilda's Own (grey) 60/40 wool/polyester - $21/metre.
- Wadding - Matilda's Own (white) Cotton (3.1M wide) - $21/metre.
Prices subject to change without notice.
Payment on pickup of Quilt.
Cash Only - I do not have EFTPOS facilities.
Ph: 3889 6985 or 0400 577 944
Open by appointment
10am to 5pm - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Closed Wednesday and Sunday.